How I've Re-organized for 2018!

7:30:00 AM



1. Went (almost) completely digital.

- I'm a huge sucker for cute stationary and sticky notes and just handwritten notes in general. BUT, I realized that I would get tired of looking at the same lists over and over again in a single notebook. I found that I'm such a freak that I'd pick apart my handwriting, or the way the list was ordered, or just tired of the notebook in general, OR I'd highlight all over the place and the list would just not make any sense after a day or two. SO, I've made all my lists on a google sheet so I can easily change the order of lists, or the order in which I make the lists, and the highlights, or the size of the columns, and I'm able to change the font and font sizes whenever I want! So it works perfectly! :)

2. I bought new organization bins for my closet.
- I used to have weird square cloth bins that I HATED and would just end up folding up and storing in a corner of my closet anyway... so I went to the 99c store and bought white little plastic baskets for my pj shorts, leggings, and one for my jeans! They fit PERFECTLY and they look soooo much cuter (plus they don't bend).

3. I'd made a list of ALL the debts I owe.
- I put the total amount left on my car, my braces, my cell phone, and my credit cards all in one google doc which I'm updating monthly! And it seriously is SO motivating to cross off (or erase) certain debts and it makes it so much easier to know EXACTLY where I stand and reminds me that I should be saving money/paying these down before going crazy when I get my paycheck, lol.

4. I schedule days to go through my closet.
- I've scheduled at least one day a month for a closet clean-out/refresh. I've noticed that my closet gets disorganized SO quickly, or I end up accumulating a ton of clothes very quickly so it always looks like a hurricane just hit SOOOOOO I've actually been scheduling one clean-out a week (on Sunday's). Some Sunday's I miss it, most I don't. But I ALWAYS plan a specific day to take some time out and decide if it's something that really needs to get done!

5. I only use sticky notes for small, in-between projects kind of tasks.
- I literally sit down, every night, and think about the things I need to do the next morning ALL before going to work. So I make a sticky note for each specific task so in the morning I pull the sticky note down as I finish the task (make a quick phone call, reply to an email, grab my work ID, feed the dogs, etc) SO it makes my mornings run a LOT smoother. Not only do I waste less time because I'm constantly aware that I need to address some kind of task, but I NEVER EVER EVER forget anything before work! I never find myself rushing out the door to get in my car and find that I forgot my water, or to feed my dogs, or to grab my headphones, or ANYTHING. It's seriously so genius.




and there you have it! Some of the ways I've been re-organizing my life for the past few weeks, but ESPECIALLY for the brand new year! Thank you all so much for reading! What ways have you re-organized your life for the new year? let me know! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments