My nightly routine!

8:00:00 AM


Hi everyone! So last month I posted my morning routine so it only makes sense that I follow up with my nightly routine! Because the time I start winding down and getting ready for bed varies literally from day to day, I won't break it down into a timeline kind of thing like I did with my morning routine! Anyway, here is my nightly routine!


First things first, I'm definitely a "night shower" kind of person. MAINLY because it saves me time in the morning, but also because when I tried to convert back to morning showers I could NOT sleep knowing I wasn't nice and clean and that I hadn't washed the day off of me - so I don't think there's any going back at this point, lol. So to kick off my night routine I usually wash my face with some sort of cleanser (right now I'm loving glam glow), follow up with a face mask, and depending on whether or not I was my hair that night - I do a hair mask (I'm STILL loving the Macadamia deep treatment conditioner!)

After my shower I follow up with a nice smelling lotion. However, usually in summer I skip this step JUST because it is still soooo hot at night and I HATE feeling sticky and hot - especially before bed. I also follow up with a moisturizer on my face (PONDS, 10/10 - been using this since I was like in 9th grade babe).

Next, I brush my teeth! Since having braces brushing my teeth has been a bit more of a process. I have to use a bristled-pick-kind-of-thing to get in between all my braces, then brush with water, THEN brush with toothpaste - so yeah. During this entire process I usually find a good 15-20 minute conference talk on my LDS app! After brushed I FLOSS - seriously, I cannot sleep if I don't floss. Then I rinse out my mouth with listerine! I think listening to the conference talk really tells my heart and mind it's time to settle down and be still - so I know that's what really ties this whole routine together!

After brushing my teeth I apply vaseline to my lips to keep them nice and soft and have them nice and soft for the ENTIRE next day (seriously, this is such a pro-tip because vaseline is SO CHEAP and it actually provides a LONG LASTING softness to my lips, unlike chapsticks).

Lastly, to really complete my day/nightly routine - I read a chapter or two of scriptures! This, combined with a 15+ minute conference talk, really calms me down and makes everything feel peaceful and still which helps me sleep! Seriously don't think I would be able to fall asleep if I skipped either of those two steps!



Hope you all enjoyed my nightly routine! Let me know what you guys incorporate into yours! Thanks for reading!
xo, me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments