What I'm spending my money on these days...

8:00:00 AM

Hello again everybody!!! I am SUPER excited about today's post because I am seriously the BIGGEST freak when it comes to my finances/credit score/spending habits/EVERYTHING. So sharing with you guys how I've been spending my money is super exciting for me, haha.

Basically, if you asked me a year and a half ago what I spend my money on I'd tell you straight up the Target dollar spot - on the daily - and the Dollar Tree/dollar stores in general. Also, TJ Maxx/HomeGoods/Marshalls (seriously, I had a problem). I used to buy SO MUCH FREAKING stationary stuff and notebooks and stickers - I had an entire collection of about $300+ dollars of STATIONARY. It was crazy.

After trying to find a good way to organize everything (and also spending a ton of money on the organizers as well) I gave up. I trashed stuff, gave EVERYTHING to my mom or my sisters and I just quit it like cold Turkey. OF COURSE I'll buy an occasional cute pack of stickers or a notebook if I REALLY feel like I can't live without it (hasn't happened yet) - but I'm not thinking about my purchases as "adding to my collection", more of just "is it functional?" "do I have others like it at home?" and "will i EVER use it? or just stare at it?" So that's how I quit that bad habit! Haha.

Nowadays, I actually haven't been spending my money. Before my stationary-craze, I used to go out EVERY weekend and buy a brand new outfit to wear to class for the ENTIRE week. Literally, I was a nut job. After realizing how easily the clothes I was buying either shrunk, or just realizing that I'd wear something that ONE time then decide I'd never wear it again and donate it - I seriously saw myself throwing away my hard-earned money!

SOOOO, lately I've just been saving up. Instead of spending a ton of money on things I don't need, I invest a little more into the things I DO need/use daily (like makeup, hair products, ect). However, that just means instead of buying a 6 dollar mascara, I'll "splurge" and buy a 10 dollar one, lol. I also think my mindset has changed SO much over the past 4-5 years. I used to just NEED things to say that I have them, or in case of an "emergency" or whatever. But I realized that clutter seriously KILLS my mood and my overall mindset. I hate it. LOVE having a clear space and a clear mind in result of it! So I seriously don't even feel like NOT spending money is that much of a struggle because I realize that I basically have all that I already need - and if I don't, I go out and buy it/replace it/whatever and it's not a big deal!

So there it is - the fact that I haven't really been spending money because I realize that spending money for the sake of spending money has been the dumbest thing I ever used to do, haha.

Hope you all enjoyed! What kinds of hobbies/collections do you guys have that you're spending money on (I tried embroidery and my neck hurt for like 2 months straight. But I'm REALLY looking into knitting? #grandmastatus)? ;) Thanks for reading!
xo, me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments