Dear 2017...

11:59:00 PM

Dear 2017,

oh. my goodness. where do i start?

I remember exactly a year ago today - my heart felt like it weight a trillion tons, and like someone was holding my head underwater and that life was moving on and i was standing still.

I was so unhappy, and heartbroken. I didn't know how to love myself, but even worse - i didn't care enough to.

and then you changed.

I was seconds away from losing everything and everyone who i love, and who loves me and you changed.

You taught me how to put down my pride and how to admit when I've been defeated. and I found such beauty in great loss.

I found myself loving myself, and who i was, and all the people i knew wouldn't lead me astray. i found myself surrounded by all the same heartwarming faces I ached for, for what felt like too long.

I found myself laughing and hoping and loving, and loving, and loving some more.

I remember exactly a year ago today, but i don't remember how it feels. I don't recognize the sad girl who didn't find love or hope around her. and I'm so thankful for all the healing and growth you've taught me.

You bent and twisted and tried to break me and I came out stronger, and happier, and more hopeful than ever.

You went the complete opposite of how I expected/hoped/dreamed and I couldn't be more thankful for it.

It's been a wild bittersweet ride, 2017. I couldn't have dreamed you up any better, even if I tried.

Thanks for the memories, xo -
Me.




You Might Also Like

0 comments