8 Things I Learned in 2018

7:00:00 AM

1. MORE self love.

- I learn more and more about this every year.

2. Self improvement.
- DO THINGS to better yourself. My biggest example of this is getting my braces off. Getting my braces in 2017 really paid off in 2018 when I was FINALLY able to get them taken off. I had put off braces for so long for so many different reasons but if I didn't I could have gotten them off so much sooner...

3. Appearance isn't everything... but it helps.
- Looks aren't everything... but honestly I think we all feel better when we look our best. I know I have better days/weeks/months when I care more about my body and my appearance and I am SO MUCH MORE CONFIDENT and LOVING.

4. It doesn't HAVE to hurt to be the person who loves/cares more.
- I've learned that if I like/love someone I'm just GONNA LOVE THEM. I know right??? I used to go off of what I perceive of them and how I perceive what they feel about me and honestly it just leads to NOTHING but stress and over-thinking. So if I feel like being sweet and lovey dovey, I do it. Regardless of whether or not I know I'll get the same back. It's that simple now.

5. Less is more (usually).
- Minimalism is still THE WAVE.

6. Leave behind what doesn't make you happy.
- I quit a job I HATED. I had anxiety and ugly feeling for literally 8 months of my life, I cried at least 3/5 work days and I was seriously so unhappy. So once I felt that I couldn't mentally bear it anymore - I quit. I emailed my supervisor and walked straight out of the building. Without a job already in line. And then I got a job in my preferred field LITERALLY the next day. Take a leap, it'll work out.

7. Take a break.

8. Listen to music that actually makes you feel good.
- Somedays/weeks I feel like gangsta rap, some weeks I want lovey country music, sometimes I want to be a TOTAL girl and blast all the feel-good pop songs I can. Listen to good music and you'll be in good moods.

You Might Also Like

0 comments