One month of adult braces!

8:00:00 AM

Hi guys!!!!!!!!!!!! So this post is really fun because I am a SUCKER for before and after pictures and I was so hesitant about posting pictures of my teeth/braces progress but after looking at them I am way too excited NOT to post them!

So last month on June 10th I got braces! However, because my front two teeth were angled so far back (they were basically touching my bottom teeth) and because I have a severe overbite, my bottom teeth do not currently have braces - they couldn't fit ;( My orthodontist said that this was going to make transitioning to having braces a whole lot easier and I'm SO glad because the first week was already so hard not being able to eat basically ANY solid foods - so I couldn't imagine how sore and uncomfortable having both top and bottom rows of teeth with brand new braces on AT THE SAME TIME!

So far I love it! It's annoying just feeling the food get stuck in between the brackets, or just being super self cautious about it and being an ADULT but looking like a 14 year old - but I'm living with it! I keep reminding myself of how self cautious I was having crooked teeth so knowing that I'm only a year and a half away from perfect teeth makes the "brace-face" stigma a little more do-able!

Aside from the first week, I have ZERO soreness. However, I have noticed that I have been grinding my teeth like crazy once I got into week four (this week). I literally grind my teeth so hard while I sleep that I've been waking up in the middle of the night on the verge of TEARS because I feel like I'm breaking all my teeth - it's so weird and scary, haha.

Eating is easy! I don't like crazy crunchy or gooey or just fussy foods in general ANYWAY so I haven't had to give up anything! On the other hand, I NEVER drank coffee or tea before my braces because: 1) i just don't like it. 2) they gave me crazy headaches. SOOO, my teeth were naturally pretty white and my orthodontist was impressed BUUUUUUT since having braces I have been like obsessed with tea and I recently found a new canned coffee that I LOVE - so no bueno. I'm trying to break the habit to avoid yellowed/stained teeth.

And I think that's everything? All my updates? Haha. If you guys have ANY other questions or different aspects that you think I should address feel free to leave a comment down below or contact me via ANY of my social medias! Thank you all for reading! XO, me.





10 June 2017!



10 July 2017.


Sorry these pictures are so low quality!

You Might Also Like

0 comments