Braindumps.

8:00:00 AM

So lately, I've realized that sometimes my heart/head feel so full of so many different feelings/thoughts/ideas that it drives me nuts, or makes it hard to concentrate on ANYTHING. So instead of letting those ideas/feelings inspire me and motivate me, they sort of just overwhelmed me to the point where I just wouldn't do anything - literally just lay in bed or find some kind of waste-of-time distraction. BUT!!!!! I've recently re-discovered the magic of brain-dumping.

Basically, whenever my head feels full or if I just feel like there's so much going on either in my heart or in my life I will sit down and let myself CRANK OUT a list/paragraph of anything and everything that comes to my mind. No punctuation, no bullet points, no rhyme or reason to anything. Literally just type out the stream of my thoughts and it is SO therapeutic in the best way... I can't even describe it.

Once I'm done brain-dumping (usually takes literally 5 minutes) I feel so much lighter and free-er, or just more level minded and it's the best thing ever. Then, I take a minute or two to read through all my thoughts and I go back and make it an organized-chaos and just sort through my feelings/to-do's/ideas.

More than anything I think it is so important to not let yourself overflow with bad/hard things. Although a lot of the time my brain-dumps are just a reflection of all the little to do's that I put off as long as I can, the feelings that comes with the general mindset that "hey, there's something I should be doing but there's SO many things I should be doing, so I just won't do anything at all" is so unsettling and seriously drains my motivation levels. So I hope you all find a way to make the chaos in your heart/head a little more quiet and balanced - let me know if any different techniques you guys do too! ;)

Thanks for reading! XO, me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments