Fall 2016 Semester Goals

9:30:00 AM

You guys, I will be starting the first semester of my SENIOR YEAR tomorrow... can you believe it?
It feels so unreal that I will be graduating from college in less than a year, I feel like I just graduated high school yesterday.
Anyway, I've almost always done a goals list each semester I've been in college so here they are for my Fall 2016 Semester!!!


1. Stay on top of all my school work & studying at least a week in advance.
This one is always a given for every single semester, but this next semester especially. Between planning a trip to Oregon, actually going on that trip to Oregon, planning a wedding, working, going to school full time, and spending quality time with Kyle - it's going to be such a busy semester. By staying on top of all my school work and readings at least a week in advance, I'll be able to relax more on my mini-vacation with Kyle, and throughout the semester in general!


2. Actually study and understand the material throughout the semester.
Finals week is crazy no matter how hard you study or how much of the information and material you understand. However, I definitely make it harder on myself by (falsely) believing that if I don't understand something that I have a ton of time to understand it later*** (which usually means the day before the final). THIS IS THE WORST THING YOU COULD POSSIBLY DO. For one, material moves so fast and everything builds on each other for every class, if I don't understand something while it's being taught - I won't understand anything that follows after it! Second, like I said above - finals week is tough - I need to do myself a favor and make it as easy and pain-free as possible.


3. Do stuff after school/in between classes, seriously.
I'd like to blame the Arizona heat for the laziness I feel once I get home from my classes, haha. If I work immediately after work, it's a different story. However, I find myself having a lot of down time between classes and after classes where I either take a super long nap, or mess around and do nothing for hours and hours. THEN I have to cram my weekends with all the school work and studying that I should have, and could have, been doing between classes and after school. So, I need to really manage my time better this semester.


4. Set aside time to do fun things, and then actually do them!
Fall semester is generally so much fun because of all the different activities that most universities put together to welcome all the students back to another academic year, plus football season! However, I find myself getting stressed out early on in the semester so I end up not going out and doing anything! In addition, fall semester is so much fun because of all the holidays that go on throughout the entire semester! Last year I had so many fun festive activities planned out for every weekend from mid-September thru December, and guess how many I did........ none. Even though I set aside the time, and planned to do fun things weeks in advance, I never did a thing because once the time finally came I decided I'd have rather stayed in bed longer, or all day, than go out and make fun memories! So this semester, that definitely has to change.


5. Keep up with my daily habit tracker and stay organized.
It's easy to get lost during the semester and fall behind on daily habits and just keeping organized in general. So, I'm determined not to let that happen! I need to seriously plan out my days, and follow my habit tracker and not let myself get too caught up in school, and get too stressed out. Seriously, 18 credit hours gets crazy and busy and everything starts to get all jumbled up and confused - who has time to make sure that they apply moisturizer everyday??? I do, I need to have that time.


6. Get all A's.
This is always a goal.



So there you have it, my top 6 main goals for my Fall 2016 semester! Happy Back To School season everyone!


xo, me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments