Fitness Journey #1

7:00:00 AM

Month 1:

This is the very first blog post of the first month of my "fitness journey"!

I will soon add in pictures as I go along so I can show progress but for this first post I will just add quick highlights of how it's felt to get active again!


+ So I started off this journey by doing nightly runs around my neighborhood after work! This didn't end up lasting because
1. the sun was still setting early and running at night isn't ideal so I had a short window of time to get my run in!
2. it started warming up quickly! so it was getting too warm out to endure as long as I knew I otherwise could!
3. it was getting hard for me to breathe running out in the dry, hot air!

+ so i got a gym membership at planet fitness! I figured this would be the best gym because
1. it was cheap.
2. cardio was my biggest emphasis on getting active again and it was perfect for it!
3. less pressure! I felt so intimated looking into other gyms and seeing all the machines.. so i figured getting familiar with a gym (any gym) would help me get more comfortable with gyms in general!

+ I actually still feel the same... I KNOW this is because my eating habits haven't improved, but I honestly still feel as I did before I started seriously getting active!

+ I go 4-5x a week! It's only been 4 weeks at this point, but I've managed to keep going 4-5x a week, and even getting up at 5am to MAKE SURE i go on the weekends!

+ I LOVE IT. i get so excited to go to the gym... it feels like ME time! I get to clear my mind, watch an episode of my favorite netflix/hulu show and then I feel good walking out of the gym knowing I've stuck to my commitment to myself for another day!

+ i usually stay a full hour! sometimes I cut it short and only stay for 45 minutes (maybe twice this whole past month) but i actually enjoy staying a full hour!

+ i track my workouts w my apple watch! this was actually another reason why i got a gym membership... to use my apple watch to its full value! I track all my workouts and steps with my apple watch and I feel SOOO satisfied seeing when I close all my rings!

+ new shoes - I treated myself to new running shoes
1. my old ones were so worn and ugly.
2. it helped me get excited about the journey even more!

+ my new adidas are SO COMFY! they are my first ever pair and honestly... don't think i'll ever go back to nike! I didn't even have to break them in... they are so lightweight... and they are SO CUTE!

+ i buy a lot of my gym clothes SECOND HAND. ok.... so i know buying worn, previously sweat in, gym clothes from a thrift store sounds like the worst thing ever but its all about being SELECTIVE! all the work out attire i've gotten at thrift stores have either still had tags on them OR looked very, very gently used! obviously do NOT buy super worn out nike pants just because theyre nike - just keep looking for a treasure find!

You Might Also Like

0 comments