Healthy Hair Tips

8:00:00 AM

Hi guys! So today's post is ALL about hair! Back in 2011 I went through a rough breakup (rough as far as high school breakups go haha) and like most girls, I decided it was time for something new and chopped my long locks off! (DO most girls do that??? Or was it just me???) Anyway, I hated it. My hair went from going down to my lower back to shoulder length and I cried everyday because of how short and choppy it was/looked. I think I watched a handful of youtube videos every single day about how to grow long hair FAST. Anyway, every single video told me the same thing that everyone else will - it takes time. But it is important that DURING that time you're keeping your hair as healthy as possible to prevent split ends that break and make your hair seem like it's not growing. These are the things I did on and off for a few years that really showed improvement!


1. Coconut Oil. Applying coconut oil to your hair for at least 30 minutes at a time is great for your hair! If this scares you because you think your hair gets oily enough naturally, IT SHOULDN'T! Seriously, this is such a miracle worker! Your hair smells good, feels good, and looks extra shiny! If possible I would suggest doing this overnight!

2. Biotin. This is 100% my number one tip. Start off with a low mg dosage and take that for 30 days, up the mg for another 30 days, and then restart the lower dosage, ect. I only took like 5000 mg for a month, then took two a day for another month, and then went back to one for another month. My hair grew like freaking crazy.

3. Washes 2-4 times a week (every other day). This one is REALLY hard for me because I live in AZ so when it's hot and gross outside a nice cold shower is always heaven. Plus, knowing how sweaty and sticky I feel - I couldn't imagine NOT washing my hair. Anyway, start off washing your hair only every other day and then work your way to less and less washes - your hair may seem super oily at first but trust me, everything works itself out.

4. Less heat, more braids. This is an obvious one, use less heat on your hair. I would definitely suggest finding alternative hair styles if you're hair gets too crazy or if you rely on heat to tame it. Braids work like magic and are still super cute!

5. Avoid brushing while wet. Brushing wet hair only makes your hair weaker, more brittle, and more susceptible to split ends. Either don't do it, or use a wide toothed comb!

6. Macadamia Oil hair products! Macadamia oil hair products are my jam. Seriously, they smell so good and make my hair so soft and shiny. They have shampoos, conditioners, leave in conditioners, heat protectants, EVERYTHING. They are a little pricier but sometimes Target has super great sales that make them pretty cheap. (Protip: I've even seen them at Tj Maxx and Marshalls occasionally for AT LEAST 30% off of the regular prices. Also, you might be able to find some products online for a bit cheaper!)


These 6 tips are what I LIVE BY when I want my hair to grow super fast, or just when I notice that my hair is taking a huge hit after a ton of heat application. Hope this helped some of you guys out there!

Thanks for reading! XO, me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments