Dear 2016,

8:00:00 AM

You were the furthest thing from what I expected.
Looking back, it feels like everyday was a surprise.
I didn't see any of it coming.

I took myself completely out of my comfort zone and did something I never thought I'd ever do.
And it brought me to the most amazing person and love I've ever known.
This love surprised me day after day.

I moved on from an unhealthy situation.
I completed my junior year of college and half of senior year.

You taught me how to love and take chances and brought me everything I never even knew I needed.

There were hard times.
These hard times you brought to me were teaching moments,
and taught me that sometimes I need to be willing to put aside my pride and doubts and fears and insecurities and just love unconditionally.

It's been real, it's been fun, it's been real fun 2016.
You came and you left and it all still feels like the craziest, happiest, blur.
And I'm so excited for the foundation you've set for the new (probably crazier) year to come.

And 2017... I can't wait to be good friends with you too.



xoxoxoxoxoooxoxoxox, (2017) me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments