Uplifting hearts.

10:05:00 PM

All week I have been urging myself to write another blog post. I realize that the last one was very sad and it exactly mirrored how I've been feeling - not in general, but in very powerful bursts throughout my past two weeks. But then, something happened...
Recently, I've been seeing a ton of interesting videos on Facebook and because I'm usually on my phone I take a screenshot of the website in hopes that I'll return to the video later (when I actually have time). And so tonight, I did just that.
Now, I'm very mindful of the content I let into my heart and mind. I am so easily swayed by the emotions of others that I have to pay very close attention to what feelings I surround myself with. So, as I was going through the photos on my phone I decided to go ahead and watch the videos I told myself I'd get around to... And each of them were so uplifting and full of so much love and hope. For the past few weeks I have been reminded of how sad and ugly life could be, and while it's important to be aware of the faults of the world it's even more important to surround yourself with the beauty of it.
Mourning is dark and hard and not something you can easily run away from. Something you really shouldn't run away from. Let yourself feel whatever feelings come your way, never bottle them up. And while I'm nowhere near "done" mourning, I'm so grateful for all the beautiful things life has to offer. I'm so much more ready to run with the opportunities I have been given and to inhale all the love I have floating around me. I've been reminded of how brief life is/can be, and I'm going to greedily spend every minute I receive and fill my life with 60 more seconds of love and hope and beauty that I can.
So, here's 130 seconds of love.
I hope and pray that you see this times 2310498390158901483290481239084309218409328439208490231843902184093281 seconds more.



xoxox, me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments