6 Months in Portland, Oregon!

7:00:00 AM

March 1st marked the start of my SIXTH month here in Portland, Oregon! So I thought I would take some time to reflect on my time here!

September:
I literally got here on September 1st! I spent my first week here shopping and getting a couple of necessities and furniture. The second and third week were actually spent on the east coast for work training! And the last week of September was spent getting everything ready for Parker to come (he ended up getting antsy and coming a week earlier than he originally planned!)

October:
Spent ALL the weekends doing fun Halloween-y things w/ P! This was one of our favorite months so far because of all the fall colors and the sunshine! Surprisingly, it was still pretty warm during October. It definitely started cooling down, but when we went to the Pumpkin Patch we were literally SWEATING hahah

November:
Probs one of the hardest months so far! This month Parker went back home for almost a full week to take care of some things, and the week he was gone also happened to be Thanksgiving! This was my first ever Thanksgiving away from my family, AND my first Thanksgiving with Parker - so it definitely got a little lonely. BUT, getting to prepare for Christmas for most of the month was the BEST.

December:
We got to go back home to AZ for a little less than a week! This was my first time seeing my family in over 3 months! Portland was getting good and rainy AND DARK! The hardest part of this winter was how dark it got so fast - the rain hardly bothered me at all! It was definitely a little sad to get back to real life after Christmas, but such a much needed reunion! Parker also started his job this month!!!

January:
Another weird month! Parker had some more things to work out this month, but his Grandma also came to visit! Grandma Vicki was here for about a week and a half and it was the BEST coming home to fresh baked goods. It was hard to say goodbye after spending so much time with her, but we were keeping positive knowing we had more guests coming in February!

February:
This month my car registration expired hahahaha so that was so fun to deal with (actually still dealing with it as of today 14-Mar-2020!) This month also had Valentine's Day and Coco's 3rd birthday!!!! We celebrated with a 3rd birthday photo shoot, and a Valentine's Day dinner at Portland City Grill! Parker was extra patient with me both January and February while I went through some super emotional days. We also had Parker's best friend and his girlfriend here to visit for a weekend! We had so much fun going shopping and getting the apartment prepped for fun nights with friends!

March!:
Hello and welcome march! I will definitely include March in my next PDX update since it is only half over as now! But so far we have prepped for the Coronavirus! I just got notified to work from home until further notice (which is SO NICE) and we spent last night (13-Mar-2020) going to THREE DIFFERENT GROCERY STORES mostly to see what each was like but also to search for Soy Sauce Maruchan hahahahahah

You Might Also Like

0 comments