My Dating App Experience

7:00:00 AM

Okay, so let me just start off this blog post by saying that I never thought I'd EVER be on a dating app... ever. Not because I thought it was lame or for desperate people but just because 1) my mom has warned me over and over again how dangerous it is to meet people online and 2) because I never thought I could ever have a true connection with someone based on an online profile!

But, I'm so glad I at least experienced what the online dating world is like and also - glad to have met a few boys from it!

So I've only downloaded one dating app.... BUMBLE! I originally downloaded this app because of the BFF mode and I was really getting desperate for a roommate haha. So I started off the app swiping through other girls who were looking for friends and a few looking for a roommate! I was already happy with the BFF mode because of how many other NORMAL girls were using the app looking to make friends! SOOOO... I let myself run away with that confidence haha. After a day or two I decided to see what the date mode was like!

As soon as I switched modes I was actually super nervous! I didn't know what to expect! But after "swiping" through a few people I felt that confidence come back! I matched with a few cute boys!

So if you don't know about Bumble, basically if you match with a boy they can't message you! Your connection will last for 24 hours and you can message them in the time, but if time runs out then the connection disappears. Even though I matched with a few cute boys I didn't ever intend on messaging anyone since I was on the date mode more so out of curiosity than anything else. But then bumble has a feature where a boy can extend the connection for another day if you don't message him within the first 24 hours! So as almost 20 hours later I started getting time extend requests!! This (of course) made me super excited!

Even though I don't use the app much anymore, I'm so happy I gave it a chance! I've gone on a few dates with some of the boys I've matched with and I think they're all super great and nice and normal! So all the original fears I've had feel so far away!



A few quick bullet points...

1. Always, always, always make sure you're being safe!
- I always had the boys snapchat me before going out (to make sure they're real!) and some of them even followed me on instagram which really helped still my nerves! ALSO, before any date I sent a picture of the boy, where we were going, and shared my location with my sisters!!! I always made sure someone knew where I was (bc there really are crazies on the internet okay ladies).

2. Find real connections, don't force it!
- All the boys I've met on the app are people I connect with in so many different ways! I think it's so interesting how you can connect with one person one way, and another person in a completely other way! It's exciting and fun! But NEVER meet up with as many people as possible just to say you did! Look for people you can truly connect with!

3. It taught me that there are soooo many people out there.
- I honestly didn't know how many cute boys lived in my area, haha. Also, how many people are looking for real connections JUST like I am! It gives me real hope that I'll find that special someone one day, or someone I already know could be a bigger part of my life than they are right now! Either way it gives me hope that love is out there!!!



Obviously dating apps aren't for everyone, but I hope my experience has shed light on the experience in general! Thanks for reading!

xo, me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments