Day Designer Review!

7:30:00 AM

Hi everyone! So back in June I bit the bullet and bought a Day Designer! For the past two years I've purchased the ones at target and those were PERFECT but the ones sold online are slightly different and slightly more upgraded so I FINALLY got one for myself! I thought I'd share some pro's and con's to the planner if you've been thinking about purchasing a new planner!

Click here to get one for yourself!


PROS!
1. It is simplistic.
+ I love how simplistic it is because I am one of those people who would rather decorate their planner with their own washi tape, markers and stickers - so I get to make it my own!

2. It has notes, daily gratitude, bills/items due, dinner plan, money spent, daily top 3 and a do-not-forget section! ALL IN ONE DAY!
+ I tried out bullet journaling (and I really liked it BTW) but it took up too much time because I liked to have a separate section for the money I spent each day and the outfit I wore (before I worked in the medical field) and I struggled finding a planner that could 1. fit all my daily to do's and 2. also have a DISTINCT section for the money I spent, my outfits and whatever conference talk and scripture I read for the day! I modify the notes section and the daily top 3 and have a specific order for where I write what I need!

3. Has a note section after every month!
+ The note section is the MOST IMPORTANT to me when it comes to planning out my month. The mini-sidebar in most planners do not provide enough space so the full note page is where I house my savings plan for the month, my plan for blog posts, and a quick paragraph of what I hope for the upcoming month! The mini-sidebar I use for a running list of bills (which I highlight once they are paid!) plus any birthdays, my paychecks and their amounts and my monthly updated credit score!

4. Cute quote on every page!
+ There is always a cute and motivating quote for every single day!

5. SUPER GREAT QUALITY!
+ ENOUGH SAID. I have had so many planners - every brand, every size, shape, style - all of it and this quality is perfect! Nothing bleeds to the next page, and the binding is thick and strong.


CONS!

1. It's heavy!
+ Probably not ideal for traveling/bringing to and from class! I'd still do it because I think it's worth having all my contents in ONE planner (rather than multiple ones), but thinking about *most* people I think this could be an issue!

2. Not ideal if you don't have to/want to plan out your day hour-by-hour.
+ This planner was WAY better when I was in college and had several classes and each day looked relatively different because it has an hour-by-hour layout. I still LOVE IT because I like to see what my day looks like (even if it never changes, haha) because I am THAT person - but some people may not see a use to this if they work full time/have a steady and set schedule.

3. Does not have a larger note section.
+ The monthly note sections are the bomb but I like having a general note section for regular "life" notes that can't be contained to one month i.e. yearly resolutions, usernames and passwords, yearly savings plan, weight loss plan, etc.

4. Limited designs.
+ The planners are SO CUTE but only if you like really chic and simple designs - I know some people would love to design their own planners and/or be able to customize the planner even just a little. This is the SMALLEST con because, like I said, I love the designs and think they are so cute haha.





Click here to get one for yourself!

You Might Also Like

0 comments