Senior Year of College Reflections.

8:00:00 AM

We are down to the last TWO AND A HALF WEEKS of my senior year of college! So I decided that I'd talk about some of the things I've learned over the last four years (No, not biomedical stuff but real-life stuff).


1. There is zero shame in going to community college.
I remember my senior year of high school and SO many people would talk down on kids going to community college (which is what I did for the first two years of college) and I remember feeling SO bad about myself. For (1) not planning on going to university and (2) not being able to afford it. And you wanna know what happened to 99.999999999% of those people who talked down on community college? They either dropped out of college completely, or ended up going for their sophomore year. Yeah. Don't listen to those people. EVERYONE has different and unique situations the point of college is to learn and grow. Don't let someone else belittle that.

2. I actually preferred community college.
I am a SUPER shy person and I don't like the fuss of big crowds of people, so I LOVED how small my community college was in comparison to my university. On top of that, they were always building new stuff and renovating the community college I went to so everything looked and felt new and upgraded whereas my university was soooo old and outdated.

3. The last year is the hardest.
The final stretch. Haha. I didn't realize how TOUGH the last two semesters of college were going to be but I figured it out fast. Just keep calm. Although it's the toughest, it's also the fastest.

4. Push yourself.
There are so many classes I thought were so tough and that I'd never be able to understand but I learned very soon (after a failed exam or two) that you have to push yourself to try harder than you think you're capable. If college was supposed to be easy it wouldn't be made such a big deal out of. Work hard.

5. It really does fly by.
Feels like yesterday I graduated high school and now in a few weeks I will be graduating from a UNIVERSITY. The years seriously flew right on by and I feel like I never got a chance to breathe and let it sink in. So enjoy the time you have while in college! Whether you know exactly what you're doing after the four years are said and done, or if you have no idea - make the most of it and make it memorable.


Eeeeeeeeeeep, I'm so excited/nervous/scared for the next few weeks and all the weeks that come after but I feel ready for it! I hope that all you seniors do well on your finals and make the most of the last few weeks! Thanks for reading guys!

xo, me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments